Being a weblog devoted to a variety of topics. Including Mathematics. And Mathematical Finance. Sometimes with homework.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mathematics and Square Dancing?

Have you ever thought about what mathematics and square dancing have in common? No? Me neither. But David Schmitz of North Central College in Naperville, Ill. has, and I guess a lot of other people have too. There is an interesting article in the Chicago Tribune about the connections. If you went to North Central College, you could even sign up for the course (It's the fifth one listed).

On a personal note: when I went to college, I, too, had associated square dancing with awkward middle school memories. In college I had a few chances try it, and it really is quite fun. Currently, though, my opportunities for square dancing seem to be, um... limited at best.

No comments:

Blog Archive