Being a weblog devoted to a variety of topics. Including Mathematics. And Mathematical Finance. Sometimes with homework.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Engines of our Ingenuity: Operateions Research

Engines of our Ingenuity is a short segment that airs on some NPR affiliates. I first discovered it while I was a graduate student in Houston. (It is produced by the University of Houston's College of Engineering.) I really got to enjoy it, and I missed it when I moved to Pittsburgh.

No to worry, though. Engines of Our Ingenuity is now available as a podcast. You can also subscribe via iTunes, if you care to do so.

Even if you don't, you may want to listen to episode 2316, which discusses Operations Research. It discusses what it is, the origin of the name "operations research" and why this field is important.

If you find that interesting, you can search the entire list of episodes (each tagged with keywords). There is bound to be something of interest to you.

No comments:

Blog Archive